So, I’ve been posting only intermittently of late. Here’s a brief run-down on happenings here the Serial Distractions Five-and-Dime, Syrup Testing Station, and Tractor Detailing Depot™:
- I’ve been blurbed! The nice folks at Earwig Press have quoted my review of their juvenile mystery/horror novel Crooked Hills.
- Here’s another quote: k reads, over at “So I Read This Book…” apparently quoted my blog back in April and I’ve only just now found it. Due to technical difficulties, I can’t seem comment directly to her blog so, here I’ll say “Thanks!” for the shout-out.
- The Geek Abides: Awhile back I was debating whether or not to lose my current Twitter handle (@pencilneckgeek) in favor of actually using my name. Most of the responses I got, both on- and off-line, advised that I keep my current one. I think maybe I was putting my two-wheeled hauling conveyance before the equine beast of burden anyway: I don’t exactly have any published works to be promoting with the power of my name recognition anyway.
- I still have four stories on the “Hope and Rejection” tour. No bites yet, but a few personal rejections here and there, so hope is not lost.
- I’m kind of between writing projects right now. I don’t have another story in the works, but a couple of novel ideas percolating. They’re not ready to start putting virtual pen to virtual paper yet, though.
- I’m continuing to write reviews for Shroud Magazine Book Reviews. I have a couple of books I’m plowing through as we speak.
I think that’s about all I got on the writing front right now. I’ll try to keep you posted with any new developments.