It’s now 2019…have you made your resolutions yet? I haven’t…well, not really. I don’t really do the resolutions thing. Saves me the guilt and disappointment of not keeping them. I have made one resolution this year…to be a better hooman. But I have a plan for that. Here’s my blueprint to reshape myself this year into the hooman I want to be:
- Lose some weight: I want to lose about thirty pounds. To this this, I’m going to eat less and move more. Simple as that.
- Be a better husband: I’m going to do more around the house and have a better attitude about it. Something I need to work on.
- Work on my depression: Something I’m always working on. A work always in progress.
- Take my meds: I have quite a few health problems, both physical and mental. I take a lot of medications and am not always the best about taking all my pills. I need to keep on track about that.
- Limit my screen time: I want to limit some of my screen time this year. I spend A LOT of time online, not all of it very productively. I need to set my computer or phone down sometimes and do something else.
- Read more: Last year I finished one book. One. Book. That’s pretty horrendous for someone that used to be a voracious reader. Limiting my screen time is going to help with this.
So, this is my plan. Hopefully I can pull it off. My hope is that I can be a healthier, happier hooman in the long run. We’ll see in 2020, I guess.